The how, the when and the why…..
Hands up who has been on a diet? 🙋♀️🙋♂️
The majority of us I am guessing…
So you know how easy it is to slip off track.
We know that fat loss depends on 3 important things:
- Calorie intake
- The food you consume to make up those calories
HOWEVER, there is more to think about…. and what we think is the missing part to losing the weight and keeping it off!
This is something we get our BGP members thinking about and we have found that asking them to answer these questions has boosted their success.
We promise it will help you break those bad habits and you will be able to progress forward in your weight loss!
Grab a pen and paper, and be truthful in answering these questions.
HOW did you gain the weight?
Of course we know that weight gain is caused from eating too much and not moving enough (or a combination of both), but be truthful to yourself:
- How has the weight gone on?
- Have you been socialising more with friends or out with work?
- Was it with family (has your family/home life changed?)
- Did you gain weight from eating by yourself?
- Is your weight gain down to snacks and grazing, treats, or large meals? – do you even realise your snacking/grazing a lot?
- Is it down to a change in your exercise or activity patterns?
- Have you been ill or injured?
WHEN did you gain the weight?
Now its pretty clear you’ve gained some weight; your clothes are tighter, you may not feel as fit and energetic, but WHEN did the weight go on?
We all know that we need to eat less and move more to lose the weight, but for many of us its not that easy… and that’s because of our emotions. Emotions spark a lot behaviours without us even realising.
So look into your ‘how’ answers, and ask ‘when’ do these emotions spark.
- Why do you over eat in the evenings after dinner?
- Why do you reach for the chocolate when your stressed?
- Why do you find it difficult to go the the gym after work?
- Why do you constantly snack when your not hungry?
- Why do you over eat at family meals out?
You’re trying to find out what food and activity mean to you, so you can understand your emotional connections.
Most of us would never have thought about these answers before, so it’s really important to be honest; the closer you get to the cause of these issues, the more success you’ll have. The answers may surprise you – but they are the root cause of your weight battles, and are what have caused you to continue in the vicious circle of weight loss/weight gain up to now.
Now you are aware of the answers, you can start to move past them.
WHY do you want to lose weight?
We mention the ‘why’ to our members alot. Why do you want to lose weight? Initially, for most people it is to look good.
This answers will only get you so far, and within time, your motivation will start to decrease and you’ll be back where you started (again).
Start to think further than that…
Imagine yourself and how you want to feel….
What life do you want to lead? Are you happy with your life right now?
Do you want to be healthier for your children? Your health?
You might find these questions tough to answer. But it’s the difficult stuff which moves us forward, and will help you break the cycle that has been holding you back.
Spend some time to dig deeper and attach real emotions and feelings to what it would mean to you to change.
So if you’ve been struggling with yo-yo dieting for years, or find you fall off every diet wagon going, maybe it’s time to ask yourself a couple questions and fill in the gaps.
If you would like us to help you then click here or email us email@example.com